Monday, December 28, 2009

Wheezing & Whining

I HAVE PNEUMONIA!

FEEL BAD FOR ME!


Despite some pathetic attempts to promote the news that I have PNEUMONIA, it seems like nobody really cares. I'm using exclamation marks! I'm whining! I'm putting it on Facebook! I'm making phone calls! I'm expending energy that I can't afford to lose!


Gene, my fiance, wouldn't even take me to Urgent Care when I woke up with wheezing and coughing and hysteria. I drove myself there, and when I got home, he went snowboarding.

I know that modern medicine has made it almost certain that I won't die from this condition, but I still want to know: What the fuck happened to pneumonia's alarming edge?

If you need me, I'll be in my bed, feeling sorry for myself.

4 comments:

  1. awww!!!!!!! i feel sorry for you! :( i wish i could make it up there. possibly i can bring you chicken soup today or tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, erin.

    you can bring me chicken soup anytime you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel bad for you. I always thought pneumonia was serious enough to consitute cancellation of a snowboarding trip. Shame on your fiance. Hope you get better and someone is there to help you with your little ones because nothings worse than being sick and having to care for children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA. eat some knudeln. you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete