Monday, November 30, 2009

Wedding Creepers

Mom and I went to a bridal show yesterday and had some good girl day fun. I met the florist of my dreams, Jay from Golden Gate Studio. My friend Erin used to work for him, but I would hire him even if that weren't the case. I also met some potential photographers. I also spent some time dodging some really creepy DJs and tuxedo rental guys. For some reason, some tuxedo rental salesmen are also self-proclaimed wedding planners, and assure you that they can help you with finding invitations and planning your honeymoon. Really? I mean, some of these guys wouldn't make the guest list if they were my relatives. Why on earth would I pick them to boss me around when I pick out my invites? One guy was standing in the hotel ballroom shouting in capital letters, "WHO'S GETTIN MARRIED! COME GET YOUR FREE STUFF! HEY, YOU, COME OVER HERE! THAT FREE CAKE ISN'T AS GOOD AS THE FREE STUFF I GOT!" Gross.

I was being stalked by a DJ once. I e-mailed his company JUST for pricing info, and wound up on their e-mail blast and calling lists. The worst part was that this retarded DJ wouldn't give me pricing info in an e-mail or over the phone. HE WANTED TO MEET IN PERSON FIRST. That's fucking creepy.

I know what he looks like from his website and I've seen him lurking around dark corners at bridal shows. I ignored him yesterday when I spotted him standing near a really cool photobooth. I wanted to talk with the photobooth guy longer, but when I realized he was part of the DJ's network, I scrammed.

Would you really pay this guy to hang around your wedding? I'm just sayin'...







2 comments:

  1. hilarious!
    do you have an appt. with jay yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...yeah, creepy..I bet he was wearing fishnet stockings...

    ReplyDelete